Wednesday 19 March 2014

Cherub- Basketball effective communication reflection.

My name is Cherub and I'm the senior player of my team. Today's our task was to demonstrate effective communication.

Effective communication doesn't only involve using your verbal ability's but also includes communicating through body language and active listening.

An example of verbal communication is during our game of basketball I used a clear loud voice to make sure my team players were informed and understood what I was saying. Also to encourage your team players because this will help them gain confidence to play better.

An example of body language is using hand signals, nodding your head and pointing to who you are marking signifies this type of communication. Also using eye contact helps to show your team players your someone they can rely on.

An example of active listening is when a player in your team suggests something for you to improve on, show that you value what they're saying by nodding your head in agreement.

The effect this had on my team was it made everyone know what they were doing and with encouragement going around everyone felt more confident to play better. Without communication going on in our team during our activities no one will have an idea of what is going on meaning the game wont be played the way it should be which is with fun and purpose.

I can improve the use of this interpersonal skill next time by getting more involved and demonstrating active listening more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment